In today’s time, everyone is becoming health conscious and working to make their diet and body healthier. In such scenarios, It is becoming a boon for them. From ancient times turmeric in the form of oil has played a great role in Ayurveda. Its Aromatic treatment is also very popular and gives a relaxing feeling in the busy life with health and beauty benefits, it is one of the most recommended oils which works great when it is mixed with a carrier oil.
Getting overwhelmed? Don’t worry, in this article, we will be walking you through Turmeric Oil and its benefits. We really hope that by the end of the article. You are convinced to use it in your daily life and increase the quality of your lifestyle.
What is Turmeric Oil?
Turmeric oil is made through the process of steam distillation. It is extracted from turmeric while retaining its vibrant yellow-orange color which is commonly associated with the powder. This magical oil competes with raw turmeric in terms of benefits. Like Turmeric powder, It has incredible anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-allergic, and anti-parasitic properties.
Moreover, it is packed with antioxidants that offer numerous health benefits. Its warm woody scent helps to energize, uplift, comfort, and strengthen the body and mind.
For What Purpose Is Turmeric Extracted Oil Used?
From Aromatic treatment to massaging, This oil has lots of uses. With Anti-oxidant and Anti-inflammatory properties it also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, and anti-bacterial properties that increase its value for use. The main purposes for that the Turmeric Oil use are:
1. To improve your mood:
The earthy and woody aromatic scent of Turmeric helps to relax not only your body but your mind too. Which in turn helps to divert mental troubles and trauma. Diffusing turmeric throughout your home and whenever you come home you will get a soothing environment that gives you a happy mood.
The Aromatic Treatment of the oil helps to increase concentration and to give mind relaxation. This treatment is also very beneficial in spiritual practices where concentration and relaxation of the mind are necessary. Add 3 to 5 drops of essential oil in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil and diffuse it at home it helps to reduce your mood swings and its aroma also concures depression.
2. For bright Skin:
When you use this oil with a carrier oil of your choice like coconut oil, it can help to fight acne, because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to dry out the pimples and to fade marks on the skin. By adding some drops of turmeric oil to your facial moisturizer, you can get clear and healthy skin.
For Skin Problems like acne, lines and wrinkles, blemishes, and marks applying some drops of the oil with its carrier oil is beneficial. The quantity and type of carrier oil that we use with it are different. That’s why we are providing it accordingly:
- Acne: For Acne this oil is considered to be used with a carrier oil like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and apricot oil. If you mix the oil with one of them and apply it on the face, then the anti-fungal and anti-inflammation properties of the oil dry out the pimples and prevent other issues.
- Lines and wrinkles: For lines and wrinkles mix 4 drops of almond oil with 4 drops of turmeric oil and massage on your face every night. It works as an anti-agent and helps to remove the fine lines and wrinkles from your face.
- Blemishes and Marks: For Blemish-free skin mix turmeric oil with olive or jojoba oil and have a soothing and refreshing massage on your face.
3. For Relaxing the nervous system:
The nervous system is the core of our energy which makes keeping it healthy and happy our one important duty. Whenever you feel out of balance and need to calm the nervous system, mix some drops of Turmeric oil with coconut milk and some honey and enjoy the tasty soothing drink. This drink will help you feel refreshed as turmeric supports the healthy nervous system as well as cellular function.
4. Preventing Neurological Diseases:
Turmerona the main bioactive compound of Turmeric Oil. It helps people who are suffering from Neurological Disoders like Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, and spinal cord injuries. Turmeric’s anti-inflammation properties work to break harmful cell activation in the mind.
Massage from Turmeric oil when mixed with carrier oil helps to overcome these diseases and gives a relaxing and calm mind. Several studies have found that Turmeric oil provides neuroprotective effects due to its various properties, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-amyloidogenic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, and anti-aging properties.
5. For Shiny and Dandruff free Hair:
Turmeric oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to remove loose dandruff flakes and impurities from the scalp. Apart from that, the healthy bacterial properties of turmeric oil also help to nourish and strengthen your hair. Take a massage of the oil with any carrier oil twice a week to see the best-desired results.
The anti-fungal and anti-biotic properties of the oil are what make it a hair protector. With that, it is also necessary to know from which oil we will mix it for different hair conditions. For that, we are providing you some tips on how we use it:
- Dandruff: To cure dandruff mix a few drops of this oil with your regular oil and massage your scalp. Do it for at least 15 days to see the great results.
- Fungal Infection or itchy scalp: As we know Turmeric oil has anti-fungal properties that’s why it is used in all scalp conditions. Use the oil with olive, jojoba, coconut, or apricot oil daily. After some days you will find how fantastically they work.
- Hair Loss: Hair loss is the problem that makes everyone tense. If you are also suffering from this problem turmeric oil is here to make you tension free. Massage your scalp with the oil daily for a relaxed mind and healthy long hair. It removes the fungal problem which causes hair loss and increases the growth of hair.
6. To soothe Inflamed Joints and Muscles:
It is well known that Turmeric’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation and problems of arthritis. The same properties are passed down to this all-in-one wonderful oil. It works by blocking the cytokines and enzymes from the body and reducing swelling and any associated pain. Mix this oil with any carrier oil. Massage it on the inflamed area and after some days you will see great results.
Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties are a cure for many diseases like arthritis, cancer, strokes, and disorders. There are many ways to use it for inflammation problems such as by adding it to warm bath water, inhaling it directly, by applying it to the affected area.
- Add it to Warm Bathwater: Add 4-6 drops of oil to bath-filled warm water. It is recommended to take a break of at least 10 minutes to give the health benefits and it is enough time to take effect.
- Inhale it directly: Another way to reduce inflammation is Inhaling Turmatric oil directly. Add a couple of drops on a handkerchief and inhale it slowly. It helps to boost energy and also gives comfort to the body and mind.
- Applying it to the affected area: Mix 2-3 drops of this oil with any carrier oil and apply it on the cracked heels or in the painful area. Using it for some weeks helps to cure it fully.
7. Support Liver Health:
Turmeric oil removes toxins from the liver and works as an anti-toxic agent. It plays a great role in protecting acute lung injury, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, allergic asthma, and acute respiratory distress syndrome. Mixing some drops of oil with coconut milk also helps to make the digestive system better.
8. To Promote Weight Loss:
It can reduce inflammation in the body which is one of the factors that causes obesity. According to some research, it is seen that using this oil for cooking can suppress fatty tissues and help to make the body fit. It is also seen that Turmaric’s active part curcumin increases metabolism in the body which helps to decrease the level of obesity.
9. Anti-Aging Properties:
Researchers have shown that this oil works as an anti-aging agent. It can remove the senescent cells increase the telomere length, and protect against glycation.
Curcumin(the main component of Turmeric) protects to prevent DNA damage and repairs it which is a piece of good news for preventing diseases and reducing the speed of the aging process.
10. For Preventing Allergies:
It has anti-inflammation and anti-oxidant properties which make immunity stronger and strong immunity helps to slow down the allergy response time of the body and works as an anti-allergic agent. It helps to treat many types of allergies like asthma and allergic rhinitis, reducing itching.
For relief of cough and cold mix 10 drops of this oil with 6 drops of Ginger oil, 3 drops of Clary Saga Oil, and 4 drops of Eucalyptus Oil, and then diffuse the 7 drops of the mixture by inhaling it deeply for 30 minutes you will see that you can breath easily with that, it also helps to support the immune system.
Precautions while using Turmeric Essential Oil:
- We recommend you to dilute Turmeric Essential oil with a carrier oil such as almond or olive oil prior to applying it on the skin.
- Due to its high concentration, it can cause allergic reactions if used directly to ensure safety. It is advised to conduct a patch test on the inside of your elbow and wait for 24 hours to check for any adverse reactions before using it.
- Although turmeric is commonly consumed, it’s important to note that pure turmeric essential oil should never be ingested and due to its potential harmful effects, it’s recommended to keep it out of reach of children.
- Use this oil in small concentrations as it makes skin sensitive to UV light.
- The oil sometimes stains the skin or clothes that’s why it is recommended to use it in small amounts with that it ensure that you wash the skin or clothes thoroughly after use.
Turmeric is used in different ways and Turmeric oil is one of those ways. As we have already seen the magical wonders it provides to skin, hair, body, and mind, it is apt to say that Turmeric Essential Oil is a must-have product for every household. With the Anti-biotic, Anti-bacterial, and Anti-inflammatory properties of Curcumin, this is one of the best products available in the market.